Friday, December 03, 2004

Hi guys...Jeff here. Just a silly picture for you today. One of my students gave this to me this afternoon. It's (obviously) a maple leaf - actually a Japanese Maple (aren't they all here?) from the school yard. What you can't see is that it's only about two inches across (5 cm for those too young or not influenced heavily by America to get inches). That's pretty small and pretty much standard. What you can see - assuming you can see the picture, is that it is still mostly green. Not some fancy digital photography trick ;-) the leaf probably only fell off the tree today or yesterday. It's beginning to look a lot like (can you hear the Christmas melody like you were walking through the Pen Center?) Where was I... Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like .... mid October. The leaves are mostly all changed, but not quite. About a third of them are on the ground. Just thought I'd rub it in again - especially Maria - off in the Canadian winter paradise city. How's Winter... I mean Winnepeg? Cold enough for you? I was playing dodgeball outside with the kids at lunch today ... in a T-shirt. Everyday I ask the kids, "How's the weather?" Then I ask them if it's snowing - to which they respond emphatically, "NO!" If I'm in a good mood, I usually go on to tell them that, "today, in Canada, it's snowing." They usually reply with some unintelligible Japanese slang that sounds something like bending over too fast and ripping your pants in the process. It's a lot of fun. (The question - not ripping your pants). On that note, if anyone is around this weekend - we'd love to hear from you - I think it's going to be a little lonely... Email us, or leave a comment here. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Just to let you know I've been consulting your blog about every other day. Feeling like I get a glimpse of your life on a day-to-day basis. You've got some great pictures! It's been good seeing them, and is a nice distraction from my school work. :-)
Karen