Sunday, February 06, 2005

Kathy is away. I'm by myself here for the week. I think that's the longest we've been apart since Kathy was in Japan seven years ago. Wow. So I'm keeping myself busy. Last weekend Kathy and I hung out with that Japanese couple that she met in the coffee shop. They took us to the top of the small mountain in the north end of our city. The mountain is called Kanayama - or Kana Mountain. Well, I really enjoyed myself and noticed there were a lot of hiking trails as we walked around. At the top was another shrine and the ruins of a very old Samurai castle that are being restored. Yesterday Mark and I hiked the mountain. Nothing too difficult, although I was out of breath a few times. We made it to the top and took in the view. I didn't have a camera with me, so today I went back by myself. This time I drove to the top, just as the sun was setting. Here is a picture from near the top of Kanayama looking over at Asama yama, or Asama mountain - which is in fact - if I've heard correctly, a volcano. Pretty cool.

No comments: