Friday, February 18, 2005

Our Weekend

Hi all,
Well, Jeff and I are taking our own exciting trips this weekend. Jeff already left tonight with another English teacher. They are driving together to Nagano, a neighbouring prefecture, where they will be joining the JET ski trip. JET is the program I came with the first time I came to Japan. Jeff went all out this week, deciding he would become a snowboarder. He bought the boots, the board, the bindings. He is set, and looking forward to a good weekend with a bunch of English teachers.

I am going on a different sort of trip. I am going on the ni nensei (2nd grade) trip to Kusatsu, a hot spring town a couple of hours away. At school, I sit with the ni nensei teachers. Every year, each grade of teachers goes on a trip together. There will be just 9 of us teachers out together. We leave tomorrow morning. We'll be going skiing, and then hanging out in the hot springs (my first go at this strange form of communal nudity). Sunday we'll visit some strawberry fields and slowly make our way back. While I'm looking forward to the trip, I expect I'll be exhausted by the end of it due to all the Japanese I'll be expected to speak.

So no pics for now, but I'm sure there will be a ton after the weekend is through... kath

No comments: