Monday, February 28, 2005

A Saturday in Haruna

Well, Jeff is really really sick with the flu, so it's up to me to post our latest adventure. Saturday was a beautiful day, so we hopped in the car and went exploring. Ended up in the mountains, in an onsen town (these hot springs are everywhere!) called Haruna. There was a lake at the top of the mountains. Was at one time an active volcano. It was really cool. You could see it by looking around at the circle of mountains.

We walked on the lake for a (short) time. It was very cold. Lots of people were out enjoying the beautiful day. Most of them were icefishing. But we came across a guy who had cleared the snow off of a ring of ice and was offering go-kart rides. We couldn't resist. It was a blast!

Other than that, things are quiet. Jeff got the flu Sunday and has been ordered to stay home all week. I'm hoping I won't get it. I haven't seen him this miserable for a very long time.

Take care and catch you all later!
Kath

1 comment:

mariaborito said...

Kathy you're way to much fun! I wish I was there with you. Everything in Japan seems so exciting. It so awesome talking to you. Have a good week.