Wednesday, May 25, 2005

As Promised...

More pics from the past weekend. We had a good one, just based around home. Saturday morning I biked 30 minutes to Oizumi, the next town over to watch my junior high's soccer team play. As an added bonus, the girls' softball team was playing right behind them, so I could watch both games.

I decided on Saturday I could definitely see myself as a soccer mom someday. Just substitute the blue tarp for a Coleman's chair, and the carafes of iced coffee for an extra-large-tea-with-one-sugar from Tim Horton's (see...I haven't forgotten my roots!)

It is crazy though, the way teachers are worked in this country. They all have to help with 'club activities.' These activities involve practices about 5 out of 7 days of the week (yes, they meet on weekends to practice) and then tournaments on many weekends... sometimes on both Saturday AND Sunday. And sports teams generally have two teachers to help. One official coach and then an assistant, who is there to help if anyone gets injured. Although perhaps the table tennis team doesn't require this second person...but you never know... those games can get pretty rowdy! (sorry)

-Kath

No comments: