Thursday, May 19, 2005

I don't normally do this, but maybe I will tell you how I am actually feeling. I had a horrible day. I was "homesick" - although not quite. (More like not wanting to be in Japan, but not necessarily missing home - maybe I should call it culture shock). All day, I didn't want to be here (Japan). I felt like I was in highschool again and just got dumped. I wasn't hungry, I wasn't in the mood for anything, and classes were a real burden. To top it off, my Thursday school isn't the best school as far as kids' attitudes go. All day I just wanted to go back to the apartment and sleep.


I noticed on my way home after school that the sky was clearing up in a peculiar way. I thought that maybe I should bring the camera to my Japanese lesson tonight and make a quick stop to take a few pictures of the sunset (I just bought slide film and a "how to" book for landscape pictures). But I decided that there would be another day and another sunset. I was wrong. My crappy day ended with the most glorious sunset I have seen in recent memory. And I didn't bring my camera. It would have been perfect. At least I had my cell phone...


Make what you will of it, sometimes the worst days have their silver lining - don't forget your camera. (Jeff)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty, Jeff. It's refreshing.
-Kath

Anonymous said...

We think of you often and I think I know a little how you might feel,you have done well if you ask me, Japan is a nice but weird place.DvR

Anonymous said...

i love to hear from you jeff. i miss you and wish i could hear more. the sunset is absolutley fabulous. erika