Wednesday, June 08, 2005

On a Different Note...

I had the most amazing raspberry and chocolate cake I've had since we left Canada. It was chocolatey and sweet and rich and amazing. I've been craving something like that for months, but you just can't find it here. AMAZING. I almost drooled. I know I was too loud and too enthusiastic, but I didn't care. I just wanted you to know.

***

Ok, so Jeff was excited about the cake. My excitement tonight came from the toilets. I hate it when people put down the lid. I walked into the bathroom, and -damn- both lids were down! But hey, I had to go, so I sighed and walked into a stall. Lo and behold, as I entered the stall, the lid lifted! Quietly, gently! After doing my business, I carefully exited the stall, suspiciously eyeing the toilet. What goes up must come down. I washed my hands, never letting the toilet out of my sight. And I was rewarded. After a few minutes, the beast let out three quiet beeps, and the lid dropped, graciously, without a sound.

Man, it just doesn't get better than this.
-K

No comments: