Tuesday, June 21, 2005

One of two very interesting things this weekend. This truck was just parked on the side of the road. Prices as marked, this is a mobile grocery store! The other interesting thing was our experience with a traditional rural onsen. We found this place half way down some backroad run by the nicest two (old) Japanese ladies. It took a bit to communicate that we wanted a bath. This place didn't provide towels or soap (like most do), but the ladies finally told us we could borrow some. After the hottest bath I ever thought I could handle (my skin was tingling), I brought the soap and towel back. Next thing I know these two ladies (who did not speak a word of English) had invited me into their place and were serving me tea and pickled beans. One of them went down to get Kathy (much to Kathy's confusion - since she couldn't figure out where I was). So the four of us sat drinking tea, eating beans, and laughing about who knows what! What a great experience!

No comments: