Friday, July 08, 2005

The funniest picture of me I've seen in a while.

I was told they wanted some pictures from class today. I saw the camera and I gave them what they wanted. It's amazing how much fun you can have teaching Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday!

Of course, on a (little bit) more serious note, both Kathy and I were really fascinated by the looks on the kids faces. It doesn't take speaking the same language to really connect with kids. I'm finding the longer I'm here, the more they trust me. And the more they trust me, the more I can tell them the craziest stories. (I haven't told them my cow tipping stories yet, but you'd be surprised what they understand when they trust you). That's the interesting thing about communication - it's not often about the words...

2 comments:

James said...

Jeff, you continue to amaze me in your willingness to pursue your working life out there with a fervour I've not seen. However, I do realize that in the short years I've known you, the most I've seen of the career side of you was at Vac Motor. Not a representative selection of Jeff-style attitude towards the working world, eh? Let's just say it's probably easier teaching a foreign language to Japanese kids than it was trying to figure out your role in a company with no roles. Not to mention more rewarding...

Anonymous said...

i love this picture jeff. the kids are absolutely adorable and ok...well, you're kinda cute too:-)i always knew teaching was your destiny and looking at this picture its not hard to see. looking forward to seeing you soon, erika