Monday, September 05, 2005

Well, I've Been Meaning to Write...

I absolutely love that picture. It captures my feelings about our new friend.
Mikiko arrived on August 26th. She came full of energy and fun. She's 23. She's from London, Ontario. She's half Japanese/half Canadian. She shares our faith in God. And best of all, she lives a 5-minute walk from our apartment.
I'm really excited. Life here has taken a dramatic turn for the better. It's amazing when a person can just fit right into your life like they've been there all along. She comes over and we talk and talk for hours. And does she ever love to talk! Jeff's up against some steep competition now! We've missed having people who can just drop by. It's really cool to share tea with someone on a Sunday morning. And Ayako and I now have a third girl to add to our girls' night.
So that's the latest and greatest: our new friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have a "drop in" friend to sit and chat and hang out with...
Beth

jkirlin said...

No, best of all she looks SWEET in a bucket hat. :)

Barb said...

Dear Kathy and Jeff:
I am Barb, Mikiko's Mom. I am so thrilled and so thankful that you have come into Mikiko's life. We do not worry as much knowing you and Jeff are there with her. I know that she has found true friendship and companionship in you. Please accept our sincere thank you for helping Mikiko enjoy her teaching experience in Japan so much more. You truly are a blessing from God. Thank you!