Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Here's to You, Jo...

So you miss us, do you? It's always nice to be missed... ;) Here's some memories of the very short time we had together...this time in Canada, not Japan... how strange.

Joanne wanted to play tourist when she was here, so we took her to our hometown of Niagara-on-the-Lake, and then out to Niagara Falls. Here we are in front of the old Courthouse in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I have many good memories surrounding this building, having worked at the Shaw Festival theatre for 3 seasons.
And beside the humungous planters, threatening to devour us!
Jeff got to expand his photography skills a bit while we visited Niagara Falls. This is a view of the Canadian falls...the better falls, of course! The boat is the "Maid of the Mist."
And a final shot of Joanne and I in front of the falls.

Looking at these pictures, it's really amazing. We really do live in an absolutely beautiful part of the world. Because of all our visitors this summer, we got to look at that world again through tourists' eyes...and not take it so much for granted.

We miss you too, Joanne, and we hope that Japan is treating you well. To be honest, there are still many days we'd love to just hop on a plane and go back! But we're committed for now, so we'll persevere. Yes, dammit, we will!

5 comments:

josh williams said...

My Kingdom for a barrel!

Joanne said...

I'm not ignoring you dear Kathy...will email you this week with the exciting details of my life. Needless to say it will be a short email!! Love you guys!

jkirlin said...

I miss jo now, too. :(

ブライアン said...

残念だけどI suppose I should just resign myself to the sad fact that neither you nor ミキコ will ever post again... でも毎日楽しみにしていたblogがなくなるなんて、とても寂しいよ!

Joanne said...

UPDATE! I want an UPDATE!

Tell me of life in Canada.