Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just Another Ordinary Miracle...

Photo a la Jeff. Please check out his flickr site (link on the bottom left) for more amazing pictures. (shameless promo).

So, I heard the most awe-inspiring sound today. I mean, I was kind of blown away by all the emotions it made me feel. I had my first appointment with my midwife, and I heard our baby's heartbeat! Holy cow!!! It's for real!!!

The little guy's heart was going at 160 beats per minute, which is apparently very normal at this stage. Loud and clear. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face or the tears from my eyes. Incredible. When you've never been pregnant before, it's just the most amazing thing to realize that there really is a life growing inside of you. The whole drive home I was lost in a sentimental fog. The sky looked clearer and brighter, and life felt amazingly rich. And I marveled at what God has brought about, knowing the desires of my heart much more than even I myself do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy...I remember it clearly too...thanks for reminding me...

Beth

lovetolaugh said...

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!

This was a great post!! I think you're going to be blogging more now! And for that I am excited!!!

Im soo excited that you get to experience God at work...in your body!! And I am glad to tell from your blog that you didn't have the appointment in your house!!!

Miss you yesterday! (i check you blog daily and it didn't show me this blog till today! arrgh! BUT i got it now) Yeah for baby Epp! And your "little guy"????