Saturday, November 03, 2007

A Little Break Away...

So today Jeff and I headed down to Webster's Falls in Dundas. We meandered all the way along Highway 8, driving through lots of little towns and downtown Hamilton. It was a perfect day for it, crisp and cool but with lots of sunlight. We even packed a picnic lunch.

I asked Jeff to please take a picture of us together. He's always the one behind the camera now, and I find we don't have a lot of pictures of the two of us together. He obliged, and I like the result, don't you? It's by Tews Falls.

After checking out Tews Falls, we slowly headed over to Webster's, with me huffing and puffing along the way. I sat on a rock and enjoyed the sun while Jeff took some more shots.

In case you're wondering, baby's doing well. The belly is growing steadily. I'm now at 29 weeks. Crazy eh? One of my favourite things to do now is just spend quiet time with "Peanut" as Jeff always calls the belly. In the craziness of the day, as I drive to and from Hamilton and teach, I don't always notice Peanut's movements. But in the evenings, or on the weekends, I like to just be quiet and read, and enjoy every sensation. Peanut's been moving a lot today. While we were walking, I had the distinct sensation that an elbow was trying to push out my belly button. So far, my innie has stubbornly (but just barely) remained an innie. Peanut was definitely trying to change that today! I don't feel kicks as much anymore as I do glides and rolls. At my last midwife's appointment, she felt around and pointed out all the different positions of different baby parts: the head, back, butt and feet. It made a lot of the sensations I've been feeling make more sense. Peanut's feet seem to usually be up high, under my right ribs. Sometimes I feel movement under my ribs and way down on the left in my groin at the same time. There's just baby spread everywhere now! I find myself wishing time would simultaneously speed up and slow down. The emotions can be overwhelming at times.

5 comments:

James said...

Jeff and Cathy Epp... amazing who you stumble upon when you're browsing the internet :) I had heard you two got married and moved to Japan. How are things... it's been like 12 years. Send me an email if you get a chance, it would be great to hear from you both...

James Veeneman

James said...

P.S. my email is jveeneman@gmail.com :)

Jo said...

I miss you guys! Really.

J

Suzanne said...

I love that picture of you guys! It is so great! You do need more pictures of the two of you. I loved the update on Peanut. You do know that that is going to be the nick name of your baby from now on. I can just see Jeff calling it that at least, while it is still a baby baby. I'm so excited to see this little Peanut! I can barely hold in the excitement to be an auntie!

Yang Li said...

Thanks Kathy!
I like your blog. I'll come here frequently.