Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Day in the Life of...

So, I woke up this morning, looked out the window, and said to Jeff, "Someone graffitied our car." He said, "Whaaaat?" And I said, "Someone graffitied our car."

No joke.

Here's the proof:

I guess that's what you get for living in ghetto downtown St. Catharines. We'd been expecting graffiti on our fence, especially since we live beside a laneway, but on our freaking car??!!! What the heck!! When Jeff called it in, even the cop was surprised. Apparently, we're a first for lovely St. Catharines. Yay!

But to be honest, I love our neighbourhood. I really do. As I watched out the window, I saw neighbour Dave walk by and take a look. Neighbour Dave was soon joined by I-need-to-remember-his-name-but-for-now-I'll-call-him-Funny-Crass-Neighbour-who-Always-Walks-Around-the-Neighbourhood. I said to Jeff, "Why don't you go talk to them." He did and came back in shortly thereafter howling over Funny-Crass-Neighbour-who-Always-Walks-Around-the-Neighbourhood's conspiracy theories. The paint colour was suspiciously similar to that of Neighbour Tony's ginormous Dodge Ram (who Neighbour Dave called in to the cops yesterday for once again angrily parking up on the curb because -boo hoo - "his" spot on the road was taken.) But all parties agreed neighbour Tony wasn't creative enough to be responsible for said graffiti.

If you're confused at this point, it's okay. It's just the fun banter and politics of our wonderful little ghetto neighbourhood. The same neighbourhood where if you don't lock your car door at night, your Christmas gifts will be stolen out of your backseat (sorry, Nathan & Rose), or, if nothing else is available, they'll steal your gum (see if I ever forget to lock again!)

Luckily, I have an amazing husband, and after some Internet searching and a quick stop at a car wash, he figured out a solution: a microfiber cloth and some varsol. And now, our car looks like this:

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

THAT IS CRAZY!!!! Wow, what a neighborhood indeed! You guys have quite the life and it is truly attractive. Even the fact that you get your car graffettied is amazing! You guys rock my world! I love you!

James said...

Cool... graffiti. Hey, and you even got a clean car out of the deal. Your fence would've probably been harder to deal with anyways. I'm actually quite glad this post is written with interest and humour instead of bitterness and cynicism, which it could've easily been. It's refreshing. Nice work Epps.