Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Sweet Little 4-Month Old

Emma's Closet on Niagara Street had a 50% off sale on all clothes this weekend. I couldn't resist. I had to buy her some new duds. Most of the clothes I bought for her were far too big. But when you've got the most rapidly expanding/growing baby around, that's just what you've got to do. Doesn't she look sweet?

Her happy pose:

















And her pensive pose:
So much has happened in the past month. Kaiya has become incredibly fun. She has found her hands, her voice, her toes...
Her preferred mode of communication at this point is screaming. She likes to scream at Mr. Panda, scream at her blanket (while it's stuffed in her mouth) and scream at her reflection in the mirror when she's being changed. Of course, she also likes to scream at us, too. We've noticed that she's becoming increasingly frustrated with being stuck on her back. She kicks her legs straight up in the air and arches her back and waves her little arms around. We've been doing a lot more "tummy time" with her. She's starting to move her legs and her arms more when she's on her tummy, and we're sure she's going to roll soon. She's starting to roll onto her side when she's on the change table, too. It's all so exciting!

If you could, please keep Jeff and I in mind and prayers the following couple of months. It is postings time. This time last year was incredibly anxiety-provoking as we watched postings come and go with not even a phone call. It was hard not to become cynical as we saw further proof that it's often who you know, and not your qualifications or experience that get you in. Thankfully, Jeff at least has his LTO to go back to in September. But it's a very tough school, and it's been running him down quite a bit. I know we would both feel a whole lot better if he could just get that elusive contract. But with teachers in Hamilton being pink-slipped for the first time in 12 years, it's hard to stay positive. I think I will strangle the next person who tells me: "Oh, but I thought there were a ton of teaching vacancies because of all the retirements..." Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

So ya, please send your encouraging thoughts/prayers/phonecalls/emails our way. We'll feel a lot better, either way, in July. At least it will be over. But for now, we wait.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

lovetolaugh said...

I love both photo's, and expressions!! Gives us serious folk a cute time!! I love this post! I love how you celebrate her everyone month. God's definitely there..in how you love her.

YOu're all in my prayers.

Later!