Thursday, July 17, 2008

Half a Year Old!!

  Oh, how I love my sweet baby girl.



I took Kaiya to Auntie Dagmar today to take some 6-month shots. For a full hour, Dagmar and I jumped, sang, shook toys, giggled, tickled, and made funny noises all in the hopes of a smile. Oh Kaiya, just a smile. That's all we wanted. But Kaiya was so mesmerized by her surroundings. So many props! Strange lighting and noises! She stared dumbfounded at it all while we begged her to smile. A few half smiles were the best we got. And papa Jeff took care of the rest at home.

 

Kaiya has taken to rolling over onto her belly. Unfortunately, she hasn't yet mastered rolling back. This is doubly unfortunate as she doesn't much like being stuck on her belly. A few times now we've been startled by her muffled cry as she wails with her mouth in her mattress, waiting for us to flip her over. Poor, sweet thing.


And I wasn't going to add this one, but what the heck. Jeff really likes it.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous shots! What a sweetie!

Rose said...

Kaiya we love you! It's been so good to get to know you over these past 6 months. I can't believe you've been here that long! I can't wait to get to know you better as you express your personality more and more.

And tell mom she's doing a great job. And dad too :) Don't you just love them?