Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Week at the Cottage

Last week we were invited to hang out at Uncle Ted and Aunt Dorothy's cottage in Coboconk. It was a good week spent lounging on the dock, touring around the Kawartha Lakes region, and watching the summer Olympics. Admittedly, as I've told a few people, vacationing is not the same as it was pre-baby. Jeff and I basically kept passing Kaiya back and forth, trying to give each other breaks. The result was often more alone time than together time. But that's okay. I really enjoyed quiet mornings on the dock, staring out at the glassy lake, finishing off my Tony Campolo book. Oh, and as an added bonus, Jeff decided I needed a break from making meals, so he took care of most of the meals for the week. It was really great!

  Here's Kaiya on our first night at the cottage. Doesn't she just think she's such a big girl, hanging out in her Muskoka chair! This is one of the pictures where I see her face changing. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but somehow she's just looking a little older...
 









I included this one just cause I think it's funny. Kaiya, in her pajamas, all ready for bed. Doesn't she look like she's watching a horror movie at a sleepover party? Maybe it's just me...
 











We went to Fenelon Falls one day, just to go for a walk and of course to give Jeff a chance to take some photos. We found it worked best for us if we took Kaiya out in the afternoons. Otherwise she became a little antsy. Our social bug needs lots of little outings! I love this picture of her. What a little person we have! She's sitting all by herself now.
 







And here's Kaiya with her daddy, hanging out on the dock.

Karen and Rich joined us on Thursday, and we had some fun with them (filled with Rich's super-yummy meals) before we left Friday night. Thanks Dorothy and Ted for opening up your cottage to us!
Posted by Picasa

P.S. I am planning on blogging on our less-than-successful camping trip soon. My energy levels just aren't up to par at this moment. Most of you have already heard the story, but I'm sure you'll agree it's well worth a post!

1 comment:

Jo said...

i absolutely love that pic of jeff and kaiya...