Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hey! I'm Eight Months Old!

  So many changes the last little bit. Kaiya has become even more interactive. She loves having "conversations" with people, and she flaps her arms wildly at both cats and dogs. She is finally putting weight on her legs (no more "jelly legs"), and she rocks a lot while she's sitting. No crawling and still no teeth! That's okay. We're happy for her to take her time...
 





And she's become such a good eater too! Before, everything was spit out, but now, Kaiya just dives right in. We've tried pretty much every kind of fruit and vegetable, and now we're planning to move onto some meats. We've even started doing a bottle once a day (something that she flatly refused just a week ago). Life with Kaiya is definitely getting more fun all the time.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rose said...

Great pictures. She is so adorable. Now Kath, can I just say that at first I misunderstood your line about "she's finally putting weight on her legs". I was like, what?! She's always had weight on her legs! You want more weight on those acorable, squeezable, roly poly legs?! But then I realized what you really meant...silly me...

gypsy said...

This is precisely why I added the bit about "no more jelly legs." At first, I didn't include that, and when I read it, I thought, "Good Lord, people are going to think we are trying to fatten her up MORE!" So ya, there you go!

mariaborito said...

watch them both start teething at christmas! i heard that clover oil is supposed to help numb the pain.
anyway, she is so cute. we miss hanging out on the floor together:)

A. said...

I thought the same as Rose. Glad you clarified!

Sweet pics. As for teeth, Annika is 1 now and still has none. One wants to poke through, but is being stubborn.

Alysha said...

Oh, and it's clove oil for teething. But watch out, because it can burn sensitive skin. It's pretty intense stuff. We use Hyland's teething tablets, Bach Flower Rescue Remedy spray and Motrin as needed for the really bad times, like now.