Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall Fun

I miss last week! We had absolutely gorgeous, warm weather for a few days in a row. I knew it was probably the last we'd see of it till next year, so I tried to take full advantage of it, going for lots of walks with Kaiya.

On Wednesday I decided to tackle raking the leaves that had fallen from our maple tree in the front yard. So, similarly to before, I plunked Kaiya down on a blanket under the tree with Mr. Panda while I went to work. She was highly amused by all the leaves and the noise of the construction on our street. I spent my time alternating between raking and pulling leaves out of her little hands before they made their way into her mouth. I got most of them in time. Oh hey, we've always said a little dirt's good for the immune system...

After seeing Mikayla's "one-sock" pictures, I had to add one of my own. We always call Kaiya our "one-sock wonder." She loves pulling her socks off and either sucking on them or flinging them around.

Poor Mr. Panda has been tossed in favour of a leaf. Kids these days... so fickle... ;) I like this picture because you can see her two little teeth!

And here Kaiya is doing her latest and greatest: putting her hands above her head. I know, I know, we must be new parents... but it's exciting to us! She's only been doing that for the past week or so.







Oh, and I may have spoken too soon about the "death of nursing." While she skipped Saturday altogether, she has nursed each day since then. One or two feedings, and with less "gusto!" than she used to have, but that's okay. We hang on to whatever we can get!

5 comments:

Karen said...

i LOVE the photos!!!!! what a cutie!!!

lovetolaugh said...

the last one is my fave!

Rose said...

oh my gosh, those pictures are amazing... love you Kaiya!!

Suzanne said...

So adorable! I love the one sock.

James said...

*trying to think of something witty to say...*

*failing...*

Argh, whatever. She's cute, I agree.