Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

I love Christmas so much! And even more now that Kaiya is at the age to recognize it and get super-excited about it! We had such a fabulous day today. We always celebrate Christmas Eve at my parents' house. We managed to get there before noon today and had a wonderful day full of food, family, and lots and lots of gifts! I think Kaiya was overwhelmed by how much she was spoiled. I certainly was. Her first gift (a cash register) was enough to keep her busy the entire night. But the gifts just kept right on coming. There seemed to be no end. And she did so well today. What a trooper. I thought there was absolutely no chance she would nap, but sometime around 2 she said to me, "Nap time." I took her cue and led her to my parents' room for a nap. I don't think she slept much (she loves to play with all her stuffed toys at nap time) but at least she had a good hour and a bit of quiet time. She fell asleep on the car ride home, and Jeff carried her up to bed. The start of many good Christmas memories for her, I'm sure.

It's been a tough 2009, with many ups and downs. I'm glad to say I'm finally starting to feel rested and hopeful. Jeff and I have had some good, deep talks, and I sense a vision for our future as a family, and my hope is being slowly restored that perhaps there may come to be more than three of us. One day at a time. The holidays have been an emotional time for me, but also a really good time. Praise God for his goodness to us! He will restore us and renew our hope.

Thank you all for your friendship, encouragement and love. It is the support of our community of friends and family that keeps us looking forward and getting back up when we fall. I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas. I hope that God renews your faith and hope in him during this wonderful time, as he has for me.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Hi friend, peace...
Your blog very interesting.
if you willing visit my blog, and read my article at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
And... if you love books, read The Holy Qur'an please...

Larissa said...

Same to you, my friend!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing Kath. I am warmed in my spirit to hear of your renewed hope for the future. Praise Jesus. Love you lots.

Erika said...

it was great having you join our family for bits and pieces over the last week.