Monday, May 31, 2010

Another Great One

So I'm stealing another great quote I found on "Enjoying the Small Things." It's yet another bang-on marker of where my mind has been lately. And man, the author of that blog (Kelle Hampton) has a seriously God-given gift for inspiring her readers to dig deep into their hearts for the strength and joy that is there and to embrace life and the everyday beauty all around them. Reading her posts makes me want to skip around the house. Yes, skip. And her playlist is all I've been listening to lately. It's been helping me connect with all the wonderful but sometimes scary parts of me that I've been needing to connect to. Reading her posts and listening to the music is my soul-time. And I've been introduced to a lot of fabulous artists I had no idea about. That never hurts!

I digress.

I'm going to include her pre-amble regarding the quote:
In perusing the comments the other night, I came across one from a reader, Sadie, who shared that her 83 year old mother has a yellowed, curled clipping stuck to her bathroom mirror with the following quotation:

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."


It's so true.

More thoughts to come soon.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I really, really love that.