Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today (and last Friday)

This morning my heart just opened up. I felt so light and airy, I actually found myself singing along and bouncing in time with all the songs at the grocery store. It was one of those mornings where time slowed down, and I got to enjoy all the strangers smiling at Kaiya and her little ways. For that bit of time in the grocery store, I felt really present and connected. I was where I wish I always could be: in the moment.

And tonight I've finally sat down and done what I've been meaning to do for a while: edit photos. I had fun playing around, making them nice and bright, enjoying the flutter my heart made in that sudden moment when I got the adjustment just so, and Kaiya's eyes would suddenly pop out at me.

It's been a good day.

These are simply shots of us playing at the park, but it was a good night, and I had fun mucking around with the pictures.

(For the full effect, you should really click on each individual picture. They're that good.)

Don't anyone go telling "Miss Lisa" that Jeff let's her do this! Okay, ya, sometimes I do too...











Oh, my love. My heart is full when I look at this picture.













Where did this big girl come from?














Funny girl. She was making eyes at another girl's daddy here...







Getting a little daring, holding on to the bar at the top.










Angel hair.








Do you think she had fun?













I love surrounding my baby in blue. Oh, blue eyes!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a fun little girl to photograph. Kath, the pictures are amazing. Way to go. Kaiya, you are way too cute for words.

Karen D. said...

Awesome photos Kathy! I'm glad you've been able to "seize the day" by living in the moments of recent days. The pictures really capture those precious moments last Friday! They portray perfect family summer fun! Wishing you many more days of the same!