Monday, June 07, 2010

Our Little Girl

Our friend Andrew took these pictures of Kaiya yesterday at our annual church pool party. It was totally spur of the moment. He sent us the pictures today, and I am in love.

I love the way he captured our girl. It shows you how every photographer has a different way of using the light and interpreting the subject. I have never seen Kaiya before in quite the way I'm seeing her now.

She's our little girl.

To see more of Andrew's work, check out his site: Andrew Mark Photography.



























Being tossed in the air by daddy.


























































I know, I know... very similar to another shot above, but really, how am I supposed to choose?







Oh sweetheart, don't grow up too fast.




















And my favourite. I wish I could always clothe Kaiya in blue. It's my favourite colour, and I love how it accents the blue of her eyes. Unfortunately, most stores think little girls should be dressed in pink. I love, love, love how Andrew played up the blue here.

It's simply the best!

7 comments:

AndrewMark said...

Thanks Kathy! She's so easy to photograph, you almost give me too much credit :)

Karen D. said...

Love the photos!

Rose said...

Wow wow wow! Kaiya looks so beautiful. Now that is a change from funny, cute, adorable. She is growing up!!

Anonymous said...

these are so great, you really should be paying for them:-)) totally gorgeous!! love you baby girl.

Anonymous said...

ok, so the last comment was from erika. didn't know how to work this thing.

Mama B. said...

Absolutely beautiful! Nice job Andrew.

Caroline's Norwex Talk said...

You sure have a beautiful little girl on your hands! The photo's are really fun....I especially like the one with her hair flying in the wind.
Caroline