Monday, August 23, 2010

We're HOME

We had a really great time in Toronto Island. It was probably our best "family" vacation yet. I think we finally get how to mix mom & dad time with kid time. A delicate balance indeed!

More will come soon on our trip, but for now I just want to say this:
I am so very glad to be home. Our week away was fabulous, but after a couple of days of sickness and rain, combined with a very cramped cottage where we kept bonking our heads in the loft style sleeping area,... I am so very glad to be home.

Our house feels freaking HUGE. And it's so nice and clean. I tend to obsessively clean right before we go away, and although it adds to the stress before we leave, it is absolutely, 100% worth it when we come back. We literally stepped in the door, smiled at the funny note and sweet card Robyn left us, had some lunch, and slipped straight into bed for a nap. Well, okay, I slipped into bed for a nap while Jeff surfed the Internet, and Kaiya pretended to sleep. She's so excited to be home that she spent the whole time re-arranging her hordes of stuffed animals and telling them stories.

My two favourite people are off buying groceries now, and I'm going to go sit on the couch and browse through Maclean's. Or maybe I'll make a mug of tea in our massive kitchen and then stare at our soothing purple wall in our cozy yet strangely spacious (at least for today) living room.

I love HOME.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you're home too! Welcome back. I totally agree with the clean house. I do the same with the obsessive cleaning and it is so incredibly rewarding walking into a clean home after a hectic trip. That's the one down fall to having a "stay-cation"- your house just gets messier and messier. What can you do.
Welcome home.

James said...

Yay for perspective! Yay for a relatively small living space (by North American standards) gaining size just by a small adjustment in your point of view! Yay for enjoying the small and simple things of life.