Monday, April 18, 2011

It's been a little while...

Hi folks,
The journey has gone inward. Together with Jeff, I've been trying not to get overwhelmed by all that is going on these days. And I'm trying to make sense of it all, too. Trying to open my heart when it wants to close. Trying to remain still when my insides want to run.

Much of my writing has turned private. This being a very public space, I don't always feel safe in my vulnerability to share what is truly on my heart. I hope that with time and the embracing of courage, this will change. But for now, I remain afraid of judgement, and of cynical attitudes, and that is why you always just get the bits and pieces, not the full story.

For now, I'd like to share this beautiful song and accompanying life story I found on Brene Brown's blog. Brene Brown is a fantastic researcher/storyteller who writes about "Wholehearted Living." She is just one of the many influences I have benefited from these last few months. I recommend her book, "The Gifts of Imperfection."

journey.

Have a good week, everyone.

No comments: