Monday, May 16, 2011

I should be doing laundry...

This is how shocked we were by the nice weather last Friday:



Sun, swimsuits, kiddie pool. What the heck is going on? Where did all the rain and cold go?! Thank goodness it came back Saturday and is supposed to stick around for, oh, two weeks or so. I mean, really, our hibernating Canadian bodies could hardly take it! Shock, I tell you! ;)

Picked up these babies today. About the only semi-cool shades they sell in my mostly blind prescription. Gonna be needing them a lot in another three months or so. Oh ya, that's right. Doin' the chicken strut. Somebody got a contract at CNA-Q in Qatar. Yes, yes I did...



So let it rain, let it rain. My future's so bright... I gotta wear shades.

As Kaiya would say: Moooo-ah-ha-ha-ha!

One of the best parts of being Kaiya's mom: she likes hugs and kisses *almost* as much as I do.

The past few days have been a flurry of fun activity; my inner introvert is seriously needing some quiet days and nights at home. Today's rain was a satisfying excuse to blast some Mika and clean the house. That video's awesome, by the way.

I've also been spending some time mentally trying on my new position as full-time employee of CNA-Q. The cold feet have become a little warmer knowing that I have this fiiiine position to look forward to. I have even felt a bit of what could be called "excitement" since receiving my conditional offer. I know, I know, let's not get carried away, right? But I'm slowly stepping out of this strange Waiting Place we've been in, getting ready to try on something new.

I think, it might just possibly be, perhaps, a good fit.

But I'll let you know.

In the meantime...


I scored a bunch of "new" clothes for Kaiya last week. And, as always happens, I'm marveling at how very grown up my girl is looking. She's picking dandelions here, her latest hobby. It's very sweet. She gives everyone she meets a dandelion like it's the most precious gift there is. And I kinda think it is.

Some of the dandelion bounty, stored in her oh-so-favourite rainbow hat.

She makes me catch my breath sometimes. Last week the heat made her hair curl ever so slightly, and I just couldn't get enough. I stared at her like I hadn't seen her for weeks.

It's getting easier and easier to imagine her as a world-traveling, culture-crossing adventurer, don't you think? You go girl. Don't you hesitate. Grab those dreams. They're yours for the taking after all.

No comments: