Sunday, January 08, 2012

This post brought to you by... K-bear

The Kaiya-ism of the day:

We were making cakes out of green and red playdough yesterday (thank you, Maria!), when Kaiya wiped at her teary eyes (she's sick with a cold). I said, "What's the matter, hon?" She responded, "Just sometimes I have some cry in my eyes." I said, "Oh, we usually call those tears." She stated, "Actually, they're cry-ness. I have some cry-ness in my eyes."

(Geek moment: The ESL teacher in me is amazed at how she recognizes that the suffix -ness is used in noun formation. I'll stop here before my sister throws eggs at me...)

***
And this is what happens when you give an art-happy almost-4-year-old a tile wall and endless amounts of paper and sticky tack:




The kitchen has always been my favourite room here, and now I like it even more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, and eggs have been thrown :)

Suzanne said...

Unbelievable! I love all her art and "cry-ness." She is amazing.

Rose said...

I suppose the daughter of a geek is allowed to correct the geek herself... And of course Kaiya wouldn't hesitate. :)

Beth said...

Love her cry-ness and your geek-ness!

mariaborito said...

KITCHENS AND ART! They just go together:) So much creativity in this place:) Love you!

Emma said...

O my word! Could your daughter get any cuter?!hah. Thanks for sharing the stories! It's "such amazing!" hehe

Erika said...

missing you all

James said...

Tile wall in the kitchen? That is brilliant! Pretty tough for kids to ruin. Take note Veenwoods, I'm already dreaming about the new house renos...

Rina said...

Seems like your kitchen is a fun place to hang out now :) Just found you through expatwomen. It is always nice to connect and making new friend. Just been in Qatar for two months now. Come visit me at http://cutecoconut.com :)