Friday, March 09, 2012

Doha Moment #135-a

I often swap stories with a friend at work about our "Doha Moments..." Those days and experiences that somehow typify the ... persistence? sense of humour? energy? perseverance? that are required for life in this desert land.

This week, my moment won.

I went to Villagio during my couple of days off, to try to get some clothes shopping done. At lunch, I went to "Spasso Cafe" (perhaps the name says it all?) After carefully perusing the menu, I let the waiter know I wished to order a mushroom omelette.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but omelettes are not available today."

"Um, okay. Is everything else available?"

"Also no sandwiches."

"Right. Are your breakfasts available?"

"Yes."

(Some time passed as I mulled over the breakfast options.)

"Okay, then I'll have this."

"Yes, ma'am."

About fifteen minutes later, the waiter brought me my order... a wrap stuffed with rather omelette-esque fried eggs and mushrooms.

No omelettes, no sandwiches.

Right. And that about sums it up.

1 comment: